Educational Student Employees
- Tutors, Teaching Assistants, Peer Advisors, Research Assistants, Library Assistants, Faculty Assistants, and Researche Advisors
- We do a massive amount of the teaching, instructional, and research work that makes WWU run on a daily basis
- We filed a petition with the WA State Labor Board in December 2022
- We passed a law to clearly enshrine collective bargaining rights for academic student employees at regional universities in WA
- The WWU Administration has supported our legal right to unionize
- The WA State Labor Board is currently holding a vote for our formal recognition. Please take a minute to vote yes!!
Check out our Bargaining Center page
We’re currently bargaining a first contract. Visit the bargaining center to learn more!
“The truth is that the university could not run without student employees.” Read more.
Forming a union is a democratic process. We intend to obtain union recognition by having a majority of WWU Operational Student Employees (OSEs) sign union authorization cards. When a majority of us sign cards to authorize our representation by UAW, the Washington...
In Mid-May, the WA state labor commission (PERC) will be conducting an official election to certify us as a union. Take a minute and sign the pledge to vote, so we can reach out to you when ballots have dropped!
The results are in! Meet your new bargaining committee members.
Come meet the candidates for the bargaining committee at the Town Hall / Meet & Greet happening Wednesday night! Date: Wednesday, March 29th Time: 5:00 - 6:30 PM Location: Miller 156, hybrid option available (Google Meets link here) Who - all WWU students! Invite...
Spring 2023 Bargaining Committee ElectionsAt a glance Elections will be happening online on Thursday, March 30th – Saturday April 1st! Read about your candidates here and meet them in person at the Candidate Town Hall on Wednesday, March 29th, at 5:00 PM in Miller 156...